Whip up this scrummy Affogato recipe in just minutes, wonderful as a delicious dessert after dinner with friends.
What is an Affogato?
Affogato is an Italian dessert which contains two main ingredients: vanilla ice cream and espresso. Translated from Italian, 'Affogato' literally means ‘drowned’, which is apt considering the ice cream is covered in espresso!
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Make Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 4 serving
- 4 Espresso Coffee Pods
- 4tsp Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
- 4 small Scoops Good-quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- Dessert glasses or wide cups
- Espresso cups
- Dolce Gusto coffee pod machine
Each serving typically contains
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
Does not include optional ingredients
How to make Affogato
Our Affogato recipe is super simple to make, just follow the 4 steps below to enjoy a delicious desert.
- Place the ice cream into 4 small dessert glasses or wide cups
- Top with chocolate covered coffee beans
- Make the hot Dolce Gusto Espresso coffee individually into 4 small espresso cups to go with the dessert glasses
- To serve: drown (the literal meaning of Affogato) each scoop of ice-cream with coffee, and enjoy while warm and melting.